So excited for y'all to learn all about Etta today! You are absolutely going to swoon over the amazing covers in her series. I'm freaking out about how gorgeous they are.
Etta has two awesome upcoming releases, one in an anthology and a gorgeous new scifi!
You can find Etta online in all the following places:
Read below my lovely chat with Etta and her authorship journey.
1. What made you decide to write romance?
The tensionnnnnn~ I'm an absolute sucker for it, as both a writer and reader, and felt like I could really contribute something of value to the science fiction romance genre. I also needed a de-stresser. I work in the film industry, where collaboration is so, so important, and storytelling is also so, so expensive. I needed an outlet I could enjoy and have more creative control over.
2. What research did you do to figure out where to start? Honestly, I started reading like a demon. In the past year, I've probably read over 100 titles in my genre. As a filmmaker, breaking down and designing stories is my bread-and-butter too. 3. How did you decide your genre and how to approach success?
I have a true love for science fiction, and have had snippets of stories flitting through my memory banks for years, so my genre felt very natural to me. As for success, geez, I just don't know yet. My personal approach is prioritizing my writing over other distractions (such as social media blasting, promotion, etc). I also think it's important for my characters to have genuine responses to the world around them. If someone tells me the world and people are believable and complex, I feel successful.
4. Tell us about your current series!
The Intersolar Union Series is FM, aliens, HEA, steamy, and slow burn. It follows human refugees and their alien counterparts after a sex trafficking ring outside Earth is busted in Book 1. There are four major alien species in the series, all of which are explored romantically, and the women are intelligent, brave, and resourceful. I've been told that if you're a fan of Mass Effect that you'll like my work. All of my books are on Kindle Unlimited, and I'm releasing my third book in late December!
5. Do you have a goal of writing full time, or do you already write full time? What steps are you taking to get there?
I'm also a published nonfiction writer with one book out, one on the way, two forwards and countless paid articles under my belt. Still, I'm definitely not a full-time writer, and don't think I ever will be. I do, however, want to be successful. I'm reaching out to make connections in the romance world and trying reading swaps, critique partners, ARC readers, and social media. I love world building and have multiple series in my pipeline for the next few years. My main goal is really to generate a body of work before I worry too much about exposure. 6. What's your secret sauce for success?
Read your genre
Be inspired by what you know
Proofread your own manuscripts once they're formatted
A little research can go a long way
7. What's the best 1-2 tips you have for newer authors? Be patient! I'm new at writing romance, but I'm not new to gaining an audience, building a portfolio, content creation, or publishing. It takes time to build a body of work! Only once you have a fair amount of content under your belt does your exposure start to build. So be kind to yourself, focus on getting a body of work out there, and find other writers to connect with.
So many thanks to Etta for joining me on the blog today! Her entire series is up above. HOW GORGEOUS ARE THOSE COVERS?! I just love them. Congrats on the upcoming releases, friend!
If you're an author, and interested in being part of this series–please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org we can set it up!